Inspiration for Clarity

It was the summer of August 2010, and I was as lost and confused about what was going on in my life as can be. Nothing made sense, and I would find myself falling into sad spells. It was unlike me as anyone you would ask, would describe me as always positive, happy and smiling.

I reached a pointed at which I was yearning for clarity and enlightenment. It could not have been a more perfect time when my best friend, Lilly, called to invite me on a trip with a small group of people to explore some of the most spiritual areas of Northern India. An opportunity I simply could not miss.

As far as the trip adventure, I'll save that story for another time, but in a nutshell, after almost 2 weeks of, what was one of the most challenging, often uncomfortable, humbling and spiritual experiences of my life, including meditation, hiking and exploration, when I returned everything made sense.

It is interesting how everything works, and that sometimes to get clarity we have to remove ourselves from the situation that we may feel trapped in, to look from the outside and actually see, to realize that we never have to feel stuck.

Many situations or experiences that we endure, it is often because our choices led us there, and the only way to impact them is by acknowledging that we are not helpless and we are powerful to impact our circumstances and our environment.

Comments