Daily Mini Wellness Workout for a Flat Stomach

Before I had my son, I was at the gym a minimum of 3 to 4 times a week. I won’t mention the days when  the gym was listed on my calendar 6-7 days weekly or even 2-3 hours daily. I was a true “gym rat!”

For more than 10 years, I could not live without going to the gym. I considered the gym my sanctuary; the endorphins I release while pushing my body to the limit were amazing. I worked out in the evenings, so for me, it was my end-of-the day/rebalance workout. I would switch my workouts seasonally, incorporating cardio and weight training. What can I tell you…those were the days!

As life got more hectic and circumstances changed, so did my workout routine. Realistically, what working person has that much time to devote to working out? Today, I’ve found my alternative balance. I am certain that the reason my body feels healthy and toned is because of the less than 5 minutes a day, 4-5 days a week I dedicate to my mini workout. Of course, nutrition plays an important role too, but it is not necessary to be dieting. It’s about achieving your body’s perfect balance.

The mini workout series consists of the following 4 floor exercises that should be done straight through, without breaks.



Mini Workout Breakdown (Posture is Everything!)
  1. 20 Leg Squats
    Position your feet flat on the floor shoulder width apart. When squating down swing your arms open and out toward the ceiling and on your way down back to your sides. Try to squat down to get your thighs parallel with the floor.
  2. 20 Push-ups
    Position your hands flat on the floor under your shoulders. Keep your back and neck straight. Focus on a point on the floor in front of you.Push yourself off the floor as high as you can go and back down allowing your upper arms to be parallel with the floor without letting your torso rest on the floor. 
  3. 100 Crunches
    Lay flat on your back and bring your feet closer to your but so that your knees are bent. Position your hands behind your finger tips half way begin your neck and half behind your head with your palms facing up. Visualize yourself pushing your bellybutton down toward the floor as your lift your upper body up keeping your neck straight and aligned with the spine. You should feel a burn in your stomach with every crunch. On the last one hold a few extra seconds.
  4. 20 Leg Raises
    Lay completely flat on your back. Rest your arms either at your sides with your palms against the floor or behind your head same as in the crunches position. Focus on keeping your spine flat and aligned with the floor. Try to keep your legs as straight as possible and begin to raise them until they are perpendicular to the floor. Bring them back down without letting your heels touch the floor. On the last one hold a few extra seconds.
You can do them anywhere including as you see in the video in the comfort of your own home as I do in mine.

Remember, it gets easier every time and anyone can do it.

Comments